Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Guilford Guild

well would you look at that! Another blog post! As I find myself here in what I perceive to be the Science and Engineering Library section (lots of smart looking people around, but are they smart enough to know I don't even go to Johns Hopkins? I think not! muahahaha), I have decided to fill you all in the major players of my house...sooo, in no particular order...

Tom is from Holden, Massachusets and will be working as a writing skills (?) teacher at Christo Rey Jesuit High School down near Fell's Point (I believe). Though he is a Villanova grad (gasp!), he's a real stand-up gent, and the rivalry has remained civil (until basketball season at least).

Kelly's birthday is today, the big 2-2. She's from San Diego, CA (groovy) and went to Providence College in RI where she played soccer (or, futbol for my Spanish followers. Do I have Spanish followers?) She too will be working at Christo Rey as a teacher and soccer coach.

Rachel is from Connecticut, and went to Holy Cross (a fellow Jesuit instution). She'll be working at Beans & Bread, which I gather is a homeless shelter/center. She studied abroad for a year in Scotland! Also, she is the resident driver of the house, as she is the only one with a car (the thing with the engine and brakes and steering wheel).

Stacey hails from Colorado Springs, CO and attended Seattle University (in....Seattle!) She'll be working at the Don Miller House, which serves the Homeless/AIDS population of Baltimore. This summer she spent 12 days hiking around Peru, apparently just walking around, saying "Hey!" to Peruvians!

Amanda is a second year JV from Louisville, Kentucky. She spent last year in Syracuse, and this year she's working at the Public Justice Center working on a case for prisoner's rights. Her experience from last year has been a big help to us, and as a bonus, her southern drawl comes out once and a while! How awesome is that, y'all?!

Ok, so that's our merry band (plus me of course). That's it for now, I have to go food shopping and you probably have to do something important. Peace Love Soul Rock & Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment