Monday, January 25, 2010

Broom Bohs in Photos

Tom, Stacey and I recently joined some Former Jesuit Volunteers and members of the JVC Staff on a local broom ball team. As you might deduce from the photos, the sport of broom ball is an age-old athletic contest with a history that spans the sands of time (or at least the past two weeks once I found out a sport like this even existed). Basically, it's like hockey except you play with a broom-like stick and a soft ball. We are called the Broom Boh's, and we are mighty! (silly, that is)... here are some shots from last night's game (The Boh's put up a valiant fight, but ultimately succumbed to the team in orange by a score of 4-2..we'll get 'em next week!):


That's me, playing the position of "Rover"


There's Stacey, with the ball in her control and the fierce glint of determination in her eye. Notice how much fun I'm having in the background, it's like the ice is tickling my feet and I'm powerless to stop it!


Diana, FJV extraordinaire and fearless captain of the Boh's.


Our boy Tommy, the Boh's defensive stalwart and only player daring enough to wear a red helmet.


Clearly, this is me on the ice after I slipped and fell, but let's just pretend that I had just made a glorious play mid-ice in which I sacrificed both my body and dignity for the greater good of the club. Yea, I think that sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment